5. How to register?
- Apply to go on the custom/self-build register as an individual.
- Apply to go on the custom/self build register as an association.
- Apply to amend an existing entry on the self/custom build register.
- Apply to be removed from the custom/self build register.
Any personal information which you provide will be held and used by East Devon District Council for the purpose of the self-build register. Your information may also be shared within East Devon District Council for the purposes of carrying out our lawful functions. Otherwise your personal information will not be disclosed to anybody outside East Devon District Council without your permission, unless there is a lawful reason to do so, for example disclosure is necessary for crime prevention or detection purposes. Your information will be held securely and will not be retained for any longer than is necessary. There are a number of rights available to you in relation to our use of your personal information, depending on the reason for processing. Further detail about our use of your personal information can be found in the relevant Privacy Notice which can be accessed
You will need to save the form once completed then email to email@example.com. Alternatively you can print it and post to Planning Policy, East Devon District Council, Blackdown House, Border Road, Heathpark Industrial Estate, Honiton EX14 1EJ.
Once we have received your completed form we will:
- Determine your application within 28 days of receiving it.
- If the application is eligible for entry on Part 1 of the register, we will make the entry and let you know that this has been done in writing within 28 days of determining the application. If the application is from an association, we will only notify the lead contact as identified in the application.
- If the application is either not eligible for entry on the register or is only eligible for Part 2, we will write to you to explain the reasons within 28 days of determining the application. If the application is from an association, we will only notify the lead contact as identified in the application.
In order to keep the custom/self-build register up to date we may contact you from time to time to check whether you wish to remain on the register. We appreciate that your circumstances may change and you may find a plot or decide that self/custom build is not for you. You may apply for removal from the register at any time. In addition if we consider that an individual or member of any association is no longer eligible for entry on the register, we may remove the entry from the register. In such cases we will notify the individual (or lead contact in the case of an association) in writing within 28 days of the date of our decision, giving the reasons for the decision.