5. Tree and hedge events and projects
Tree and hedge events
Our friends in the Wild East Devon team organise events at their nature reserves across East Devon.
Other organisations who also organise and provide details on local and national tree and hedge events are:
- Devon Hedge Group events
- Sidmouth Arboretum events
- National Hedgerow Week - The Tree Council
- National Tree Week - join the UK's largest tree celebration (treecouncil.org.uk)
- East Devon Area AONB Partnership
Tree and hedge projects
The Clyst Valley Regional Park will be one of Devon’s breathing spaces. It will provide an area of outstanding public green space with trails inviting people to discover and explore the surprising landscape. Wildlife-rich habitats such as native trees, hedges, parklands, orchards, and wetlands will be restored and a new 13-km walking and cycling route called the Clyst Valley Trail will be a highlight. Tree planting projects like Great Trees in the Valley and Cranbrook Canopy are helping to create the Clyst Valley Regional Park.
- Devon Hedge Group - Projects to assist Devon communities keep hedges intact and healthy for future generations to enjoy.
Curio XYZ - An international project to connect communities, organisations and arborists for better care and monitoring of urban trees.
There are currently three community orchards in East Devon:
- Bidmead - Littleham, Exmouth
- Moormead - Budleigh Salterton
- Millwey - Axminster
Wild East Devon events
Our Wild East Devon team organise a series of events and activities across the district throughout the year. See their webpages for details and booking information.