2. Claiming Universal Credit
The full service for Universal Credit has now been rolled out in East Devon.
Find out if you should claim Universal Credit.
If you're already receiving one of the six benefits listed in part 1 you don't need to do anything as you will be told when Universal Credit will affect you. However if your circumstances change you may have to make a claim for Universal Credit:
- apply online or
- call the Universal Credit helpline: open Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm (closed on bank holidays): Telephone: 0800 328 5644 Textphone: 0800 328 1344
Once you have made your online claim for Universal Credit you will be required to attend an appointment at either Honiton or Exeter Job Centre Plus.
Before making your claim
Please have the following information ready:
- your postcode
- your National Insurance number
- details of the bank, building society or Post Office account you want Universal Credit paid into
- your tenancy agreement (if you have one)
- details of your savings or other capital
- details of any income that’s not from work (e.g. from an insurance plan)
- details of any other benefits you’re getting
Your partner will also need to make a claim separately with their details.
If you don't have a computer, there’s access to the web in lots of places. If you need help making your claim please contact us on 01395 571770.