Cookies information uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Guide Changing your home

Show all parts of this guide

1. Transferring to another property

If you would like to be considered for another council or housing association property you'll need to complete an online application form which is available on Devon Home Choice.

It's important that you answer every question as this will help decide your housing need and your banding. Most requests to transfer will be accepted but you must have no rent arrears and not be subject to a possession order.

We'll write to you to tell you which band your application has been placed in, your application date and registration number.

For further information on our privacy policy please visit


We have a shortage of family housing in East Devon. So, if you're prepared to move from a three or four bedroom property to a smaller property then you may be eligible for financial assistance with your moving expenses and given priority over other people on the waiting list. Please speak to housing needs for further information.

For further information on our privacy policy please visit