1. Public services with Duty to Refer
The following public services have a duty to refer people who they identify as being homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- youth offender institutions
- secure training centres
- secure colleges
- youth offending teams
- probation services (including community rehabilitation companies)
- Jobcentre Plus
- Social service authorities
- emergency services departments
- urgent treatment centres
- hospitals in their function of providing inpatient care
- Secretary of State for Defence in relation to members of the regular forces
Please note that if your agency is not listed, you may still refer someone to us providing that the person agrees to be referred.