Guide Tenant rights and responsibility

Show all parts of this guide

5. Parking your car

You may park a vehicle within the boundaries of your property if you have a properly constructed hard standing with a pavement kerb crossing. If you wish to construct a hard standing please write to us for permission. We may be able to provide you with a grant for part of the cost.

You can't park a vehicle which isn't taxed or roadworthy on the property or on any council housing land. If you want to park boats, caravans, trailers or small trade vehicles on the property please ask estate management for our written permission first. Any vehicles larger than a transit size (3.5 tonnes or over) will not be allowed under any circumstances. In addition, you must not carry out large-scale car repairs on the land around your property, on car parking areas or on the road.