Guide Purchasing council property & acquiring other interests in council owned land

Show all parts of this guide

10. Do I need to do anything after completion?

Completion on a freehold purchase marks the end of the process so far as the Council is concerned but there are still some matters for you and your solicitor to deal with before the property can be properly regarded as being yours, including submission of a Stamp Duty Land Transaction Return to HM Revenue & Customs, payment of Stamp Duty Land Tax (if appropriate) and registration of the Transfer at the Land Registry.

For other property transactions, you will need to refer to the specific terms of your legal agreement.