Guide Purchasing council property & acquiring other interests in council owned land

Show all parts of this guide

7. What else happens between exchange of contracts and the completion stage of the sale of property?

Your solicitor will prepare the Transfer. This is the document that records you as the new legal owner of the property at HM Land Registry. The Transfer will be sent to the Council’s Legal Services team who will arrange for it to be sealed on behalf of the Council, in readiness for completion. On the day of completion, on receipt of the completion monies, the Transfer will be dated and then forwarded to your solicitor. The Estates Team will liaise with you on the release of any keys.

This is likely to be the last contact your solicitor will need to have with the Council on your behalf.