4. Dog information
Owners can walk their dogs on all East Devon beaches between 1 October and 30 April.
Dogs will be prohibited between between 1 May and 30 September.
We recommend you always:
- keep your dog on a lead if it does not respond to your recall
- clean up after your dog and never bury faeces in the sand or leave below the high tide line – the requirement to pick up and use a bin applies everywhere you go with your dog and it really can spoil the beach for other people
- ensure your dog is well behaved and listens to your verbal commands
- respect other beach users and keep your dog away from them
- keep your dog on a lead on the highway and pavements and until you get on to the beach
Exmouth, Budleigh Salterton, Sidmouth, Beer and Seaton beaches all have dog exclusion areas.