3. Sidmouth Jacobs Ladder beach
A long shingle beach extending from Jacobs ladder westwards for nearly a kilometre.
What’s on offer?
- Long beach
- Refreshment kiosk
- Historic stairway up to Connaught Gardens
- Large public car park (chargeable)
- Refill point
- Beach huts
- Toilets are available at Connaught gardens
- Events in Connaught Gardens
- Dogs are banned from the immediate area of Jacobs ladder from May 1 to September 30th
- They are permitted on the west end of the beach starting circa 100m from the ladder
- More information is available on our dog information page
Be aware of
- This beach is not lifeguarded
- Cliff falls can occur at the western end, please stay away from the base of the cliffs for your own safety
- You're not allowed to light an open fire on the beach.