2. Sidmouth Town beach
A Blue flag winning shingle beach with sand at low tide only a short walk from Sidmouth Town centre.
What’s on offer?
- A family friendly beach
- Deckchair hire
- Multiple cafes and kiosks
- Watersports and bike hire with Jurassic Paddlesports
- Rock pooling at chit rocks
- Large public car parks (chargeable)
- Public toilets at both ends of the beach
- Refill point
- Beach huts
- Boat storage
- Dogs are allowed all year on Port Royal beach at the eastern end of the prom
- Dogs are banned from the main town beach from May 1to September 30
- More information is available on our dog information page
Be aware of
- The beach is lifeguarded for the school summer holiday only
- Water craft are limited to 8 knots between the yellow buoys and the shore line for bather safety, however this is not a ‘safe swim area’
- Access to East Beach (across the river Sid) is closed for public safety due to frequent cliff falls
- Please do not climb on the rock groynes or islands as these may be wet and slippery
- You're not allowed to light an open fire on the beach.