5. Beer beach
A small smugglers cove with a shingle beach nestled beneath Beer head.
What’s on offer?
- A small shingle beach
- Two refreshment kiosks
- Deck chair hire
- Beer Discovery Centre
- Boat trips and boat hire
- Parking at the beach itself is limited but there is a large public carpark in the village with an easy walk
- Toilets are located above the beach
- Beach huts
- Dogs are allowed on the eastern half of beer beach all year
- Dogs are banned from the western half from May 1 to September 30
- More information is available on our dog information page
Be aware of
- The beach is not lifeguarded
- Cliff falls please stay away from the bottom of the cliffs for your safety
- Powered craft are limited to 8 knots between the yellow buoys and the shoreline for bather safety, however this is not a dedicated safe swim area
- You're not allowed to light an open fire on the beach.