10. Notice of proposal to create Colyford Parish Council
At its meeting on the 13th July 2022 East Devon District Council resolved to publish the following proposals with regard to the intention of creating a new Parish Council for the proposed new Parish of Colyford.
The following draft proposals are:
- That the new Parish Council be known as ‘Colyford Parish Council’ and not by one of the ‘alternative styles’ of community, neighbourhood or village.
- That the Membership will comprise of 7 councillors.
- That no warding provisions are incorporated in the Parish Council.
- The Parish Council will take effect with Parish Council elections in May 2023.
- The proposed boundary (subject to this further consultation) of the Parish Council to be as shown by the thick red line on the attached plan.
A formal period of 3 months from 23 August 2022 to 22 November 2022 is required for consultation with regard to these draft proposals. If the proposal proceeds there will be a consequential change to the number of Members representing Colyton Parish Council.
Further information can be found at www.eastdevon.gov.uk/Colyford.
Should you wish to comment on these draft proposals, please submit your views in writing by 22 November 2022 to:
East Devon District Council
Heathpark Industrial Estate
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All views received will be published.