Policy Complaints procedure

Show all parts of this policy

15. Housing Ombudsman

Complaints about social housing (landlord/tenant issues) may be referred to the Housing Ombudsman if a complainant remains dissatisfied with the Council’s response.

The council must comply with The Housing Ombudsman's Complaint Handling Code and must carry out an annual assessment against the code to ensure that our complaint handling is in line with its requirements. The code acts as a guide for residents, setting out what they can and should expect from the council, as their landlord, when they complain.

EDDC self assessment 

Contacting the Housing Ombudsman

Housing Ombudsman Service

 Tel: 0300 111 3000

Referring your complaint to your MP, Councillor or Tenant Panel

Complainants may wish to refer their complaint to their local MP, an EDDC Councillor or the council’s tenant panel for consideration prior to referral to the Housing Ombudsman but there is no obligation to do so.

MP for East Devon constituency: Simon Jupp MP (Conservative)

MP for Tiverton and Honiton constituency: Richard Foord (Liberal Democrat)

Or write to:

House of Commons, London, SW1 0AA

Contact details for EDDC Councillors can be found on our website.

Our Tenant Panel is a panel of tenants set up by the Tenant Representative Group and recognised by the Housing Review Board. To contact the panel, email DTCP@eastdevon.gov.uk or phone 01395 517453