Guide Animal boarding

Show all parts of this guide

4. Apply to surrender or change your boarding establishment licence

How to change or surrender your licence

If you want to change the details or surrender your licence we will need to approve this first.

You may need to change the details of your licence if:

  • the existing licence holder changes their name or contact details
  • there are changes to the licence, premises or how you operate that you need to tell us about

Please contact environmental health by phone 01395 571517, or email to tell us what you need to do.


There may be fees payable. There will not normally be a charge for administrative changes. Please make sure you are aware of how much this will cost. You will need a credit or debit card to pay by phone.

Any personal information which you provide will be held and used by East Devon District Council for the purpose of issuing you with a licence for animal boarding and on the basis of public task.

Who will receive or see my personal information?

Your information may also be shared within East Devon District Council for the purposes of carrying out our lawful functions. Otherwise your personal information will not be disclosed to anybody outside East Devon District Council without your permission, unless there is a lawful reason to do so, for example disclosure is necessary for crime prevention or detection purposes. Your information will be held securely and will not be retained for any longer than is necessary. There are a number of rights available to you in relation to our use of your personal information, depending on the reason for processing. Further detail about our use of your personal information can be found in the relevant Privacy Notice.