8. Generic terms and conditions
This fund is currently closed to new applications, it is likely to re-open again in early November 2022. If this temporary closure will cause significant issues to you due to the timescale of your project, please contact us to discuss: firstname.lastname@example.org
Generic terms and conditions:
- You must confirm on the application that your project meets the respective eligibility criteria. The grant can only be used for the purposes specified in the application.
- Project applicants must confirm the project serves communities within East Devon, with at least 75% of the people benefiting from the project living in that area.
- There is no automatic right to a grant, we will consider all applications and decide on the applications we wish to grant fund. We reserve the right not to make a funding offer to a project.
- Grants will be awarded where they are deemed to be most needed and where they would have the greatest, long-lasting impact and outcomes.
- Grants will be awarded on a one-off basis and applications for continuation of ‘business as usual’ will not be supported. Any grant relating to an application does not commit us to ongoing future funding.
- For successful projects, our funding will only be released following the submission of evidence that the remainder of the match funding has been secured from other sources.
- Applicants have to accept in writing our associated Terms and Conditions before any grants can be released. They do this by signing the application form.
- After 3 months any unspent / uncommitted monies will be returned to us, in line with the relevant terms and conditions applying.
- An evaluation of how the funding has benefited the organisation / local community will be provided; in line with the relevant terms and conditions applying.
- Any grant-funded projects will clearly acknowledge, in any related publicity materials the Small Community Grants scheme as an East Devon District Council initiative.
- Grant-funded projects accept that East Devon District Council will issue publicity about projects and activities that it supports, so may use such projects within its publicity materials and as promotional case studies, and may wish the project to evaluate further its project work and outcomes. Publicity may include digital images, video and other content.
- Three months after receiving the grant, projects receiving a grant will conduct a project evaluation and forward it to us.
- This grant cannot be used to: benefit individuals directly, (e.g. ongoing salary costs or cash payments), or for private profit businesses, reverse public sector policy or provide services which are the statutory responsibility of public sector agencies, support political activities and/or projects where most or all beneficiaries are animals (i.e. charity, rescue or therapy), fund and commit to ongoing support.
- Regular Highways-related activity such as grass cutting, ditch and drainage work and any other associated ‘lengthsman’ duties, are not eligible for these funding schemes.
- Repayment of East Devon District Council grant funds may be required at our sole discretion if a funded project supplies false information, fails to spend the money in any allotted time period, fails to return evaluation materials within the agreed time period, becomes insolvent and / or there are any other breaches of the conditions or eligibility criteria.
- We may request additional information and assurances; requiring additional terms and conditions to apply and will require you to confirm in writing your acceptance of any additional terms and conditions before agreeing to provide East Devon District Council grant funding.