4. What we can't fund
This fund is currently closed to new applications, we are unsure when it will re-open to new applications but it is likely to be in the autumn 2023. If this temporary closure will cause significant issues to you due to the timescale of your project, please contact us to discuss: email@example.com
Generally speaking, the following will not be eligible:
- Projects where you haven’t got the majority of any match funding in place already.
- Projects that promote or support a particular politics, faith or belief (including repairs to buildings used solely or mainly for these activities).
- Individuals or projects that result in direct cash payments or awards to the end beneficiaries, or to ongoing staff salaries.
- Project sponsorship and fundraising events.
- Projects from purely commercial or for- “private-profit” organisations.
- Projects considered likely to create a new or displaced dependency on other public and voluntary services.
- Regular highways-related activity such as but not limited to grass cutting, ditch and drainage work or other associated ‘lengthsman’ duties and tasks.
- Projects benefitting one individual recipient, e.g. an individual carer.
- Projects where more than 25% of the people benefiting from the project live outside of East Devon.
- Animal welfare projects where the sole/majority of beneficiaries are animals (i.e. charity, rescue or therapy).
- Projects seeking a commitment to ongoing support.
- Projects that have already taken place.
- Projects where work has already started and / or finished before we’ve confirmed you’ve been successful in your application. We cannot fund projects retrospectively.
- Organisations or groups that do not have a bank account in their name with at least two unrelated signatories and/or do not have a management committee comprising at least three unrelated members. Unless you are applying using guidance note **(a) above.
- Unsustainable projects. For example, projects that need to continue beyond the life of the funding but are unlikely to be able to.
- Projects working with vulnerable people where there isn’t a Safeguarding Policy and / or appropriately trained staff / volunteers.
- Projects where planning permission is required but hasn’t yet been given.
- Funds that are required to help pay off debts.
- Projects that directly benefit individuals or for profit organisations.
- Ongoing costs including ongoing rent costs, ongoing salaries, costs for the day to day running of an organisation, unless this is during a transition phase with documented evidence of how the project will become sustainable post transition, or as part of a pilot project.
- Work that a statutory organisation has to do by law, for example Devon County Council, the Church or the NHS, unless this is over and above what they would ever provide.
- Projects that have a negative effect on one or more of the priorities listed in our council plan.