10. Meeting our priorities - Improving our communities
Key Service Objectives for Improving communities
- Implement Phase 2 of the #inhoniton project by working with tenants in Honiton to identify areas we can manage differently and re-wild.
- Identify Housing land for Nature Recovery Networks, re-wilding and wildlife improvement corridors and liaise with tenants to deliver blue heart areas.
- SWITCH groups to make bug hotels with Countryside to encourage learning and appreciation of the natural world. The educational element links to our carbon reduction commitments.
- Invest in the improvement of the communal areas on housing estates, including tree planting and encouraging a greater diversity of wildlife.
- Encourage the Creative Cabin from the Thelma Hulbert Gallery visiting Housing estates.
- Invest in the improvement of the communal areas on housing estates, including tree planting and encouraging a greater diversity of wildlife through re-wilding and nature recovery corridors.
- Develop the re-use and recycling furniture programme to assist residents with setting up their home, recognising the increasing amount of people arriving in our homes with few possessions.
- Develop our existing tenancy support and sustainability service who are tasked with pro-actively supporting tenants to maintain tenancies, to include Budgeting workshops, New tenant induction workshops, new tenancy "sign-up" briefings, Floating support for vulnerable tenants in sheltered and general needs housing, annual visits to all tenants who reside in council housing
- Complete and publicise the final phase of the Your Home - Your Wellbeing Project.
- Develop the Axminster Fairshare project working with Tesco in Axminster and Nourish to collect food from the supermarket, cook and freeze it, and distribute to people with an identified need. Aim to do more for rural areas and link with other work e.g. new applicants for Universal Credit who have limited income for the first six weeks.
- Deliver the priorities from the emerging poverty strategy and action plan.
- Provide and enable budgeting advice for tenants through our own staff and partner organisations (HomeMaker and CAB) to reduce the incidence of poverty.