Guide Personal licences

Show all parts of this guide

3. Notification of change of address of a personal licence holder


If you are a personal licence holder it's a legal requirement that you tell us if you change your name or address.

How to tell us

The easiest way to tell us that you have changed your name or address is to send us an email to with your current details and new name or address.

You'll also need to send us your existing personal licence and badge in the post so that it can be re-issued.

Alternatively you can use this online application to let us know your new name or address details.


You'll be charged a fee for this application.  Please make sure you are aware of how much this will cost

Data Protection

Any personal information which you provide will be held and used by East Devon District Council for the purpose of the licensing service to process your notification of change of name or address and to administer your personal licence.  Your information may also be shared within East Devon District Council for the purposes of carrying out our lawful functions.  Otherwise your personal information will not be disclosed to anybody outside East Devon District Council without your permission, unless there is a lawful reason to do so, for example disclosure is necessary for crime prevention or detection purposes.  Your information will be held securely and will not be retained for any longer than is necessary.  There are a number of rights available to you in relation to our use of your personal information, depending on the reason for processing.  Further detail about our use of your personal information can be found in the relevant privacy notice

Start the journey


More info about the journey

You'll need a credit or debit card if paying online.

You'll need to send us your existing personal licence and badge in the post.

We will re-issue you with a new personal licence and badge.

Please be aware that you can be asked to show your personal licence to an authorised officer. This is a legal requirement so you will need to keep your licence somewhere safe where you can easily produce it.