Guide Gambling permits and notices

Show all parts of this guide

5. Give a notification for two or less gaming machines in an alcohol licensed premises

How to apply

If your premises is licensed to sell alcohol for consumption on the premises, you have an automatic entitlement to have one or two category C or D gaming machines. 

All you'll need to do is fill in a notification and send this to us. 

We'll need to know:

  • how many gaming machines you want and whether they are category C or D machines
  • your details (as premises licence holder)
  • details about the premises
  • if you want a receipt for your notification


You'll be charged a fee for this application. Please make sure you are aware of how much this will cost.

Data Protection

Any personal information which you provide will be held and used by East Devon District Council for the purpose of the licensing service to process your notification for 2 or less gaming machines and administer your notification.  Your information may also be shared within East Devon District Council for the purposes of carrying out our lawful functions.  Otherwise your personal information will not be disclosed to anybody outside East Devon District Council without your permission, unless there is a lawful reason to do so, for example disclosure is necessary for crime prevention or detection purposes.  Your information will be held securely and will not be retained for any longer than is necessary.  There are a number of rights available to you in relation to our use of your personal information, depending on the reason for processing.  Further detail about our use of your personal information can be found in the relevant privacy notice

Start the journey

More info about the journey

You'll need to send us your notification and pay the fee.

When we receive your notification we'll check it to make sure it's been completed correctly. We'll telephone you if there is anything else we need.

If you have filled in a request asking for a receipt we will return this to you to acknowledge your notification.

What you can do if you haven't heard from us

If you asked for a receipt to confirm that we received your notification and you haven't received this back from us within 10 days please telephone us to check we received your notification.

Length of notification

The length of the notification is indefinite as long as the premises licence issued under the Licensing Act 2003 is in place.