10. How will the project be undertaken?
The project will be undertaken in stages, summarised as follows:
- Stage 1 – Data Collation & Review to gather all relevant evidence to inform the BMP update.
- Stage 2 – Establish the Baseline Scenario: The project team will undertake analysis and assessment of the physical processes of the area, how these interact with built structures, and how these may change in response to climate change. This will provide an updated assessment of the risks posed if we were to “do nothing” to manage them.
- Stage 3 – Future Management Regime Appraisal: The project team will undertake a critical review and update of 2015 BMP options appraisal considering latest technical, environmental and economic evidence. New statutory environmental assessments and public consultation will be part of this stage.
- Stage 4 – Reporting: The updated BMP documents will be produced and submitted for approval by EDDC’s cabinet. Once approved, the updated BMP will be published and guide management of the beach and coastal defences at Exmouth.