Guide Benefit FAQs

Show all parts of this guide

8. My circumstances have changed, what do I need to do?

It is your responsibility to tell us if any of your circumstances change.

You need to tell us about anything that could affect the amount of benefit that we pay you:

  • within one month for Housing Benefit or
  • 21 days for Council Tax Reduction. 

Civil Penalties may apply if you do not tell us about changes in time.

Many changes can be notified to us online or forms can be downloaded for you to print and complete

If you have any other change of circumstances you can email us at  Please provide your reference number, full name and address.

You can email us a scan or photograph of your supporting evidence. Please make sure any pictures are clear and legible.