Guide Benefit FAQs

Show all parts of this guide

9. I’m moving house

You need to let us know as soon as possible - this may even be before you move.

A change of address may cause changes to your entitlement and you may be overpaid benefit that you then have to pay back. To avoid this, call 01395 571770, email or download and complete our Change of Address form and provide all requested evidence.

You can email us a scan or photograph of your supporting evidence. Please make sure any pictures are clear and legible.

You need to tell us about any changes in your circumstances within:

  • one month for Housing Benefit 
  • 21 days for Council Tax Reduction. 

Civil Penalties may apply if you do not tell us about changes in time.