Guide Benefit FAQs

Show all parts of this guide

3. Do you need help with your Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction claim?

If you need help filling in your claim form, you can call or email us. If a friend or relative helps you with your form, you are still responsible for the information given, so you must make sure the answers are correct. 

If you are unable to manage your own affairs and you have or would like an appointee, they will need to accept full responsibility for your claim. Both yourself and the appointee must  consent to the arrangement. Please contact us for an appointee form.

If you already have a representative that has been appointed by the Court or someone has Power of Attorney to deal with your affairs, we will need to see proof of this to allow them to manage your claim.

It is important that full details, including names and addresses, of yourself and your appointee are provided.