2. Benefit FAQs
Popular questions about Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support.
- Am I entitled to Housing Benefit (working or pensionable age) &/or Council Tax Reduction (pensionable age only)?
- How do I claim Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction?
- Do you need help with your Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction claim?
- When will I get my Housing Benefit payment?
- What if my Housing Benefit payment doesn't arrive?
- What do you mean by savings and capital?
- How long does it take to assess my claim or deal with my query?
- My circumstances have changed, what do I need to do?
- I’m moving house
- I don’t understand my letter or the calculation
- How have you worked out my earnings?
- Why have my Tax Credits changed?
- Can I include my childcare costs and what do I need to do?
- What do I do if I’m not happy with the Housing Benefit decision?
- Can I pay or make arrangements to pay my Housing Benefit overpayment?
- I live in a Council house and want to speak with someone about my rent
- Why is my claim suspended?
- I’m a student, can I claim benefit?
- Can I have any other help with my rent or Council Tax?
- Can a bank take Housing Benefit to pay my overdraft?